Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supported 100% zoom to pointed area

Hi

It will be better to add one click zoom feature. when I click on a point on the picture with left or right mouse, it should make %100 zooming to that point. It is already used in fast stone picture viewer or fast picture viewer.

thank you.

Like FastStone

Agree! As an option. Like FastStone

Comment

Add my vote for this one

Yes, I've also gotten to appreciate very much the being able to zoom to 100% and drag, all in one click of the LEFT mouse button. Once you use this a few times, you see the benefits.

Since using the left mouse button this way would conflict with its present use, the requested feature can be implemented at least in full screen mode, and perhaps as an option in windowed mode.

Comment

Hi

I Agree!

Comment

customized zoom scale

I vote for customizable zoom. Zoom scale should be changed x2-x5 or alike. Zoom area can be small, something like 50x50 pixels and it could change with the scale growth.

For example x2 zooms 64x64 pixels and produces area 128x128. Larger x3 zooms 40x40 pixels and produces area 120x120 etc.

Comment

I also would appreciate very much 100% zooming centered on the left click.
            This could be an option in the View menu, that would bypass the default left click behaviour when we need it.
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gt13013 View Post
              I also would appreciate very much 100% zooming centered on the left click.
              This could be an option in the View menu, that would bypass the default left click behaviour when we need it.
              Thanks
              You would have to give up two features if you selected the option, drawing a selection and displaying the cursor position/pixel color. I doubt that many people would choose your option under those circumstances.
              Some may argue that there already is a variable zoom feature about a selected point by dragging a box around an area and then clicking inside it.
              Faststone, which someone mentioned earlier, is only a temporary zoom. When you release the mouse button the display reverts to its original size. I wonder whether or not you are all asking for the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
                Faststone, which someone mentioned earlier, is only a temporary zoom. When you release the mouse button the display reverts to its original size. I wonder whether or not you are all asking for the same thing.
                Yes, I think that it is this behaviour that we all ask for here. Just a temporary 100% zoom on the point where we are clicking. Ideally, dragging without releasing the click would drag the picture. And ideally also, some configurable options in order to choose the zoom factor (some could prefer 50% zoom instead of 100%, or anything else...).

In order to not interact with the present left click behaviour, we could imagine several other possibilities:
                - an option in the View menu, in order to temporarily switch between the two behaviours for the left click
                - choose another simple combination of mouse and/or keyboard keys. Why not use a simultaneous left and right click to get this feature? I don't think it is used at the moment
                Last edited by gt13013; 23.03.2011, 08:01 PM.

Comment

An interesting suggestion gt1303.
                  I do not know if there are any restrictions on using both mouse buttons together but, if not, it would indeed be possible to create some quite useful functions.
                  I would suggest that the temporary zoomed state could be displayed by either holding down the right mouse button and clicking the left, or by holding down the left button and clicking the right. It would stay zoomed however until both buttons had been released. That way by continuing to hold down the right button you could drag the zoomed image (or selection) just as you would in the unzoomed state. Alternatively by continuing to hold down the left button after releasing the right you could draw or adjust a zoomed selection just as you would an unzoomed one.
                  This would not affect the present functions of the left or right buttons, so there would be no need to give up those functions to be able to use the zoom feature.
                  I imagine that zoom to 100% would be the most used so should be the default setting but other ratios for the temporary zoom might be offered as an option.

Comment

I think there is no need to use both mouse buttons. In the faststone, the picture is %100 zoomed when the left mouse button is clicked. otherwise the picture is always fitted to desktop.

note: I hope that feature would be added in the next version but it is still absent in v4.30.

Comment

Working...
                    X