Batch slideshow not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Batch slideshow not working

When I start a pre-arranged slideshow via a batch file, irfanview begins with the first picture in the list, showing the picture name but not displaying the picture itself. Advancing further through the list results in subsequent picture filenames being superimposed on one another, but none of the pictures themselves show.

The batch file looks like this:

d:\programme\bild_ton\irfan\i_view32.exe /slideshow="E:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Bilder\Alben\Bali2008\LembonganSept08\lembonganfin al.txt"

Some of the filenames in the list are rather long, e.g.
    AA-BaliLembonganPalatinoLinotypeKursiv72.jpg

One forum member mentioned that the unicode plugin might be responsible for this behaviour, but removing the file ansi2unicode.dll did not bring about any change.

When I copy the pictures to a different directory named (e.g.) "TEMP" or "NEW DIR" and adjust the slideshow llist accordingly, the show works fine; so the problem seems to have s.th. to do with the path length.

====================================
    ALL-CLEAR - almost...

A closer inspection of the IRFAN directory yielded that inside there was another directory, Iview425, which contained a separate Irfanview installation. I made that directory the new IRFAN directory, deleted the other one; and hurray - now everything is working fine, though I'm not quite sure why.

G. Henry
    Last edited by G. Henry; 19.02.2010, 03:07 PM. Reason: amendmend
Working...
X