Irfanview crashes when creating pdf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irfanview crashes when creating pdf

This problem started today. When I try to make a pdf - Irfanview crashes. It does not matter if I am trying to use a multi page tif, single image or several jpgs.

I uninstalled Irfanview, reinstalled 4.25 and the latest plug in exe as well as ghostscript 8.71 I even rebooted before I re-installed.

Still no joy. Same behaviour as before.

I can open a pdf file in the program. I can create and view multiple page tifs without a problem.

MY OS is Windows XP

Irfanview version 4.25

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Many thanks,

Margie R

Did you also clean out Windows' temporary files? Check plug-in (ImPDF.dll) version? Any message on crash or does it just vaporize? *scratches head and tries to think of more questions...* Installed/uninstalled anything else, including Windows updates?
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
      Did you also clean out Windows' temporary files? Check plug-in (ImPDF.dll) version? Any message on crash or does it just vaporize? *scratches head and tries to think of more questions...* Installed/uninstalled anything else, including Windows updates?
      Temp file got emptied and I did a registry clean up for lost or leftover bits from previous install.

ImPDF.dll is 0.40 which I am reading to be the most current one.

No changes to Windows or other changes to programs or installs since before crashes began

The program vaporizes and gives me the message that it had to close and gives me the option of sending in an error report. I send out each time it happens.

I just tried to create a pdf again and got the same result.

I figured if I did a clean install that would have addressed the problem, but it did not. This is the first real problem I've had with using Irfanview. It's been... oh, 3 years or so of pretty trouble free use.

Thank you for your assistance. I appreciate it.
      Last edited by margikins; 23.02.2010, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Hi Margie,

I also use WinXP and IrfanView 4.25. I can confirm that the current "official" version of ImPDF.dll is 0.40. Buth there is an "experimental" version on ImPDF website and this is 0.67. You could try this one.
        You can also rename your i_view32.ini file to i_view32.ini.bak in case wrong data are present in it, or at leasd delete its [impdf] section.
        Maybe it is worth trying a new install from freshly downloaded installation files (in case your copy has become corrupted).

Laurent
        Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurent View Post
          Hi Margie,

I also use WinXP and IrfanView 4.25. I can confirm that the current "official" version of ImPDF.dll is 0.40. Buth there is an "experimental" version on ImPDF website and this is 0.67. You could try this one.
          You can also rename your i_view32.ini file to i_view32.ini.bak in case wrong data are present in it, or at leasd delete its [impdf] section.
          Maybe it is worth trying a new install from freshly downloaded installation files (in case your copy has become corrupted).

Laurent
          Thank you for your suggestions. I have done at least 2 reinstalls and even downloaded from different mirror sites. No joy there. I will try your suggestion this evening. I was even thinking of going back to an earlier version of IV . Gonna do some clean up and defragging first and go from there.

Comment

Darn. You have a real puzzler. Keep us up on the news
            ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
              Darn. You have a real puzzler. Keep us up on the news
              Will do, I'm a bit irritated right now because it's started to crash when editing photos if I try to do more than one it will go *poof* no notice, no error message, it just closes.

Is there another free pdf creater out on the market that's any good? We all know that IV is the best, but hey, it's having issues right now. I was using that feature almost every day with the Doll Groups I moderate at. *sad face*

Thank you for the suggestions and it seems I played Stump the IV Mods and won. Where's my prize? **sadder face**

Comment

Here's your prize: PDF Creator, the Cadillac of free PDF makers
                ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Hi,

I just registered to say that I have the same problem as Margie.
                  My IrfanView version is 4.25 (as well as plugins pack version) and my problems started after I updated to this last version. What I have also noticed is that the ImPDF plugin is no longer present on the Create multipage PDF dialog box, as it used to be in the previous IrfanView version. What I'm saying is that it used to be an Options button that would let you access ImPDF settings before creating the PDF file out of a multipage image file (tiff). Now, this Options button is gone.
                  Please let me know if you can understand at all what I'm saying or I need to provide further information, screenshot maybe.

Thanks.

Comment

This is a known issue. In one of the other forum threads there is a link to a zip with a fixed Irfanview.exe.
                    ImPDF is fine.
                    Laurent provided it more than once.

Comment

Hi Margie,

The fix to our problem is here http://en.irfanview-forum.de/vb/show...F-doesn-t-work!
                      The fixed exe did solve the issue for me.

Thanks impdf for remembering me that the search function is our friend

Comment

Working...
                      X