Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large PDF Conversion

Hey,
    Im trying to convert a 24"x36" PDF to a JPG, BMP or TIFF I have downloaded a few plugins to try to get Infranview to read the PDF but im still getting an error message. I am useing the Batch convert/rename app to do this. I have a feeling that part of my trouble is because of the size of the PDF.
    Any ideas?
    -Chris Cosart

Could very well be. You could try something less graphically intensive. PDF Creator can convert anything printable to an image.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I have tried several different PDF Creators including that one and I have not been able to take my pdf file and print it to a standard image file. I have also tried importing it into programs such as paint and Paint.net and saving the file as a image but i am unable to get that size image into paint.net and in paint i loose to much quality on the image.

Comment

Try PDF-XChange — that can export each page of a PDF to any standard image type. 300 dpi is likely to be the maximum practical resolution for an image of that size = 7200 x 10800 pixels. If you can make a bigger image, some programs may struggle to open it.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I hate to say it, but my own solution to similar problems was a newer computer.

What have you been able to open it in?
          ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

I have been able to open it no problem with Acrobat Reader, and other pdf readers but have simply been unable to change the file type. These files are scans of Construction Plans. I need to Change the file Type so that i can import the 2d image into AutoDesk Revit & Google Sketchup so i can draw a 3D BIM Model of the building. But Considering that I am Running Autodesk Programs, Revit and CAD I dont think my computer is to slow or old

Comment

Why use the batch conversion? Have you tried just opening it in IrfanView and saving it in another format?
              ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Hi Chris,

You said you got an error message: which one?

In case the problem is with the amount of memory, look at Options > Properties/Settings > PlugIns > Postscript options. What are the DPI settings? The higher the value, the bigger the image: IrfanView converts the PDF to a bitmap.

Laurent
                Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Working...
                X