Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Processing

Hi All

I have lost some photos after batch processing (renaming). I have ended up with only 1 photo from about 39. Is ther anytjing I can do to recover original images. I have resigned myself to the fact that they are gone but if anyone can help even to let me know what I have done wrong it would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Cutta M

It depends what you did to lose them. If you checked both Overwrite existing files and Delete original files after conversion (a dangerous combination) then the answer is probably not without special file recovery software.
    Have you tried using Irfanview's Search function to search your drives to make sure that they have not ended up in some remote corner of your file system?

Comment

It also depends on when you lost them, so : how much things did you do on your system since you discovered it.
      A file recover app is less successful or useless, if you have done a lot with other files and programs in the meantime.
      They will use the space, that is declared free, of the deleted ones.

A recovery tool can be found here
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi

Yea i have used IV's search function no luck! Thanks anyway. I did check the settings after I tried searching for them and delete original files after conversion was not checked.

Guess I will ahve to try some recovery software. Thanls again.

Cutta M

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have not done a lot of work since as I have been trying to leave things as they are hoping to find a solution.

Cheers

Cutta M

Comment

Working...
          X