Multipage creation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipage creation problem

I'm trying to set up a batch conversion of tifs to multi-page tifs. I'm quite happy with the command line, typically it will be 2-4 single page images to be combined each time.

The problem I've encountered is that some of the images to be combined are already multi-page tifs themselves. In that case the output tif only contains the first page of the input multi-page tif. Is there a way round this?

Anyone any ideas please?

Comment

Originally posted by jelv View Post
      The problem I've encountered is that some of the images to be combined are already multi-page tifs themselves. In that case the output tif only contains the first page of the input multi-page tif. Is there a way round this?
      From the commandline you may first do an /extract command to split the tiffs...

Comment

I had wondered about that approach. I think me saying "some" may have been misleading - it's going to be something like 0.01% of the images (if that) - and the process creating the script won't have a clue which ones are already multi-page so I didn't really want to do an extract against all images on the off-chance that some are multi-page.

Comment

You asked for an idea. What's the problem to do an extract even if the file is not a multipage? In this case you will get one image in the other cases multiple.
          That's the advantage of scripts. You do not have to do something manually.

Comment

Working...
          X