Batch pdf to tif conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch pdf to tif conversion

I need to convert several thousand pdf single-page files to tif. I have installed InfrnView, the plugins, and Gostscript, but InfrnView will not open any pdf files, or even recognize that they exist.

What could my problem be?

Originally posted by Kirchoff View Post
    I need to convert several thousand pdf single-page files to tif. I have installed InfrnView, the plugins, and Gostscript, but InfrnView will not open any pdf files, or even recognize that they exist.

What could my problem be?
    Check first in the settings that 'PDF' is in the file type list.

Comment

I opened Properties/Settings from the Options menu and PDF is not in the Extensions list, nor is it listed in the list of Plugins that is along the top of the screen where it says "Options for NEF, . . . etc."

The file ImPDF.dll is in the Plugin's directory, but I do not see any other Plugin with PDF in its name.

What does this tell you?

Comment

ImPDF is not involved in loading PDFs.
        If the PDF extension is not in the list then type it in with the right separator.

Comment

PDF is not in the Extensions dialogue box, but it is in the list of extensions separated by the vertical separator under "Load Custom file types."

Should I add it again? That seems wrong.

Comment

If you selected the custom list and PDF is in the list then close the dialog and Irfanview.
            After restart try to open a pdf via open in the menu. Because PDF is not a graphic format you should first select "All files" in the file selector.

Comment

I did as you suggested, and get a "Can't load Ghostscript or Ghostscript error" in a dialogue box. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Ghostscript, and get the same error. I uninstalled and reinstalled IrfanView with Ghostscript installed, and get the same error.

Is IrfanView bumping into Adopt Acrobat Pro, which I also have?

Comment

Read the forum threads about Ghostscript to get this part working.

Comment

Well, that is not a helpful suggestion. I wasted an hour and found out that I should use another viewer for PDF files. OK. I am uninstalling IrfanView and seeking a solution elsewhere.

To others with this problem: Do not heed the advice to search for "Ghostscript" on the forum. There is nothing useful there.

Comment

You are funny ;-)

Comment

Well - maybe he isn't too good with Computers. Also maybe in a hurry for a solution, Bless him!
                      Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
                      IrfanView Website - Here
                      Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                      Author's Website - Here

Comment

V4.25

Hi Kirchoff,

To open PDF files with IrfanView it's necessary to install Ghostscript and the Postscript plugin!
                        With Postscript plugin (and Ghostscript) IrfanView is able to read EPS, PS and PDF formats!
                        see:

Until now the actual version is "GPL Ghostscript 8.71"!
                        see:

Download Ghostscript for free. The #1 PDL conversion tool available today. Ghostscript is an interpreter for the PostScript® language and PDF files. It is available under either the GNU GPL Affero license or licensed for commercial use from Artifex Software, Inc.

Dependent on your operating system you must select the 32Bit- or the 64Bit- version!

To write PDF files with IrfanView it's necessary to install the ImPDF plugin!
                        Then IrfanView is able to write the PDF format!

If you want to convert thousands of single-page pdf files to tif then please check whether you have all necessary components! See also: "Installed PlugIns..." in IrfanView program menu \Help\!

regards
                        Frank

The downloads of the Postscript and ImPDF plugin you find on IrfanView Plugins site!

Comment

Frank, you have gone to great lengths to explain what is required, in crystal-clear language. Hats Off to you!
                          Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
                          IrfanView Website - Here
                          Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                          Author's Website - Here

Comment

Working...
                          X