Change Default ANSI Font

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Default ANSI Font

I often use IV to convert text files to image files. When I open a text file in IV, it displays using the Windows system font which is a pretty ugly fixed-width font. I have the Options | Properties/Settings | Browsing/Editing option set to "ANSI font". I have also tried "ASCII font" and "ANSI thin font" but do not find these fonts to be acceptable either. Is there a way to change the default "ANSI Font" to one of my choosing? Thanks.

Hmmm, I convert Text files to images too, occasionally. I take a screen shot of the page displaying the text and cut to size (Control-Y). This way, I retain the font, style, color, attributes, etc.!
    Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
    IrfanView Website - Here
    Sam_Zen's Website - Here
    Author's Website - Here

Comment

Apart from taking a screen shot from Notepad, you could also use the text editor from IrfanPaint.
      • Create a new image large enough for the amount of text you want to convert to an image
      • Copy the text to the clipboard — it will need to have line breaks in the right place
      • Open the IrfanPaint toolbar (F12) and click the text cursor at top left of your blank image
      • Select the font and font size, colour, etc., you want to use and paste the text
      • You can preview your text to see how it looks, or just use undo and try again
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks, Bhikkhu, I will give that a try.

Comment

Working...
        X