Can't load Plugin: "OCR_KADMOS.DLL" upon F9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't load Plugin: "OCR_KADMOS.DLL" upon F9

I have the latest IrfanView 4.25, just downloaded the latest plugins and installed them. When I open a TIF file and press F9, IrfanView reports that DLL missing. It is not found in the installation directory of Irfnview nor under C:\Winnt. I also downloaded the installation ZIP directory for plugins, it does not contain that dll either. Looks like someone has forgotten to include that dll.
    Thanks,
    Erich

Looks like you forgot to look in the text about the plugins :

Code:
    * # OCR_KADMOS - (version 4.4l): adds OCR features to IrfanView
    PlugIn download: http://www.irfanview.info/plugins/kadmos/
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

He means you have to download it *here* and install it separately
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Try Free OCR, which apparently does a much better job.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan Paint • Irfan View Help • IrfanPaint Help • Riot.dll • More Skins • FastStone Capture • Uploads

Comment

Done, thank you.

Comment

Thank you, Sam_Zen, for the quick answer. You were right, I didn't know that there are more plugins.
            I installed KADMOS_OCR, but now I get another error msg upon F9:
            The procedure entry point GetProcessHandleCount is not found in KERNEL32.dll.
            Guess I am missing a Windows update, but which one? I just installed all updates I could get 2 days ago.
            I asked Google and found a contribution from Microsoft, which described GetProcessHandleCount and said:
            Minimum supported client: Windows Vista, Windows XP with SP1
            This means, that the OCR function requires at least Win XP.
            Bad luck for me: I have Windows 2000 SP4.
            Last edited by Schobbert; 29.04.2010, 11:30 AM. Reason: further investigation

Comment

Then you have to go for FreeOCR
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Oh, that's sad. But FreeOCR is good. I used to use it a lot.
                Its: Belongs to "It"
                It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                ---------------------
                Lose: Fail to keep
                Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I had done a comparison between FreeOCR and the KADMOS Plugin in one of the threads here (Ah! Here it is!), with FreeOCR giving significantly better results!

Sam_Zen also reports in this thread that FreeOCR requires .NET to be installed. So its your call now, Schobbert
                  Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
                  IrfanView Website - Here
                  Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                  Author's Website - Here

Comment

Ah, that's right. So maybe .NET is not compatible in a Win2000 environment.

And the install of FreeOCR needs a warning : the downloaded is not the complete installation package, but a file,
                    that activates a number of online downloads, including things from M$, without any control about what's going on.

But I must admit that my suspicions are beyond average in cases like this.
                    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Yes, quite possible that .NET does not like Win2K - after all, .NET was born after Win2K, right? And M$ does muck up stuff!

Recently, I had to give a PowerPoint presentation at an institute running Management programs, that used Apple Machines. Imagine my surprise when my slides began playing one-after-the-other on the Apple, with absolutely NO input from my side! Yes, the Institute's Apple had Microsoft Office for the Mac installed on it and I had prepared my presentation on Microsoft Office for the Win platform!

Since I was carrying my Dell Laptop, I was able to deliver my lecture, without my 40 slides completing the run in under 2 minutes!!!
                      Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
                      IrfanView Website - Here
                      Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                      Author's Website - Here

Comment

Working...
                      X