Slideshow mouse control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow mouse control

I have a question about 'slideshow' and control of it. I have made a few full-screen slideshows and some I can take control with the mouse wheel and view each image as I want to, and on some of my slideshows I can't. It just does a quit. I have tried looking all thru the options on my IV (ver.4.25) and can't find what gets changed. I have also looked thru the FAQ and this forum after searching on 'slideshow' only, and did not find an answer....Please help....
    I have used IV for a number of years now and just love it. It has little CPU, or memory usage. I have Windows XP home SP3.
    I also love the slideshow with the window option too!
    Thank you very much.

True, we all love IrfanView for its lightning-quick response, rock-solid stability and great features.

Regarding your problem, any more clues? Like does it quit if you have more pics in the Slideshow? Does it happen only in a full-screen slideshow? Anything else?

You may also want to upgrade to Version 4.27 and its associated Plug-ins...
    Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
    IrfanView Website - Here
    Sam_Zen's Website - Here
    Author's Website - Here

Comment

The number of images in the slideshow doesn't seem to matter. I have been making some with about 1100 images each time. Only on fullscreen as far as I know as I haven't tried this on a non-fullscreen window. I'll try the newer 4.27 but don't think it will help since my slideshows have done as I wish sometimes. I'll bet it's Windows, as it just started happening recently and I download windows updates each week and install most of them. I don't use any Windows office anything. Mainly IE (7) and MSSEs.
      Tkx again...

Comment

No I think it is a bug in v4.25. If you operate the mousewheel too quickly it does sometimes exit the slideshow displaying the end of folder dialog. It does that even if the show is set to loop.
        I first noticed it when panning a zoomed slideshow image with the mouse button. I do not generally use the mouse button to change images but, when I checked, it does it in that mode too and irrespective of whether or not the Jump to next image if Page keys or mouse wheel used setting is checked in the Browsing/Editing options.

I have not yet tried v4.27 to see if it is any different.

Comment

I have now tried it in 4.27 and it is no different. On looking closer I see that it does not exit from Irfanview. It just closes the show and returns to the normal viewer window, as if I had pressed Enter.
          The end of folder dialog is only shown if there are no images left to display in the current folder.

Comment

Thank you for the responses!
            I have been playing around with my various slideshows and think I have the answer now. No matter if I use 'test' or 'configure' or simply double-click on an existing slideshow (.scr), it will run.
            It will run as a slideshow, and on some I am able to display the next image in the slideshow quicker if I use the mouse wheel. I can also go back to the previous image if I desire. That is what I am use to doing. I am talking about fullscreen mode only, as I use these slideshows as a screensaver. That's what I really like here...
            I was able to determine that on the newer slideshows, this did not happen; the slideshow would just quit. I found this difference by displaying the 'file properties' for each .scr file.
            The older ones (4.20) worked as I wanted, the newer (4.25) did not. I tried other things like; show cursor or nor, the timing (random or not), fit or no fit....no difference.
            The only difference looks to be the version 4.20 vs 4.25.
            Again, thanks for all help provided and maybe this 'added feature' will come back in later versions. From reading here, it doesn't look like 4.27 will be a fix or I would try it. Now if I could get an old 4.20....
            Last edited by DoubleVision; 16.05.2010, 04:23 PM.

Comment

You can get 4.20 plus plugins here
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
              X