X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported v 4.27 Problems with Paint dialog shield

Hi

This bug appears for the first time in this version

When the Paintshield dialogbox is closed, the selection tool (arrow) works properly
    When Paintshield is open and the pointer is set somewhere on the document with the mouse, the selection aera is misplaced

Hoping this little bug will be corrected on a further version

Regards from France

flyman

I assume you are talking about Irfanpaint (no idea what Paintshield is).
    If so, I have no problem with the cursor position in v4.27. The selection box is drawn in exactly the same place whether the Irfanpaint dialog is open or not.

Comment

I have no issues too, with IrfanPaint on Version 4.27 - if that is what 'Paintshield' refers to...
      Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
      IrfanView Website - Here
      Sam_Zen's Website - Here
      Author's Website - Here

Comment

That's what I mean

Hi

thanks for your replies

What I named "paintshield" (sorry, my english is not perfect !) is the paint dialog box that appears when clicking the menu EDIT then "Show Paint Dialog" as you may see here:

I am happy to hear that nobody has this problem and the best I can do is uninstall and reinstall this beautiful tool named "Irfanview !!!

I will take this opportunity to compliment and send many thanks to the author.

Greetings from Strasbourg (France)

flyman

Comment

Hi flyman,

I too experienced these problems and, frankly, I don't know what to do; IrfanView internal selection handling has changed, and for some reason it doesn't play well with IrfanPaint. I'm trying to fix it, but it will take some time.
          IrfanPaint developer
          The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
          IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Flyman
            On the image in your first post, the text displayed on the blue Caption bar at the top is what I would expect to see if you still had your finger pressed down on the left mouse button at the end of drawing the selection box. The cursor at that time should have been a cross (+) and should be at one corner of the selection, as you said.
            Did you actually capture your image whilst still holding down the mouse button?

Comment

Problem solved

Hi

As I announced in my previous post I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it properly after downloading again the files I needed.

Installation order:

1. the main program
              2. Plugins
              3. french language pack (manual installation. First time, I used the *.exe)

And now everything works perfectly !!!!!

I suppose my first installation was'nt clean.....

Thanks again for your help and my apologises for waisting your precious time.

flyman

Comment

So nothing is wrong with IrfanPaint, since your problem stands solved! Trust MItaly's similar problem too is solved as easily, though he may want to check and correct whatever was wrong the first time!
                Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
                IrfanView Website - Here
                Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                Author's Website - Here

Comment

I have now seen a problem in 4.27 concerning selection. If you draw a selection box in Irfanview and open Irfanpaint with the selection still displayed, then the right and bottom sides remain showing in their original positions when you move or enlarge the box. That did not happen in 4.25.

I suspect it is connected with this new feature in 4.27 where the selection is automatically redisplayed after undo and zoom operations. In fact I see the new feature does not work correctly in Irfanpaint either. As you zoom, the position of the selection box relative to the image can suddenly jump.
                  Last edited by Mij; 17.05.2010, 02:22 PM. Reason: last sentence expressed a bit better

Comment

Confirmed. Also the jump. The remaining lines are 2 pixels wide :

Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
                      Hi flyman,

I too experienced these problems and, frankly, I don't know what to do; IrfanView internal selection handling has changed, and for some reason it doesn't play well with IrfanPaint. I'm trying to fix it, but it will take some time.
                      Have you made any progress on this problem, MItaly?
                      The bug reported by the OP is rather elusive. I have seen it sometimes but it does not always appear. The problem that I mentioned in the second part of my last posting, where the selection moves relative to the image as you zoom in or out seems more consistent. It does not happen at all when Use Resample for zooming has been selected in Display options and only above 100% zoom when Use Resample for zooming is not selected. Since prior to version 4.27 the selection was not automatically redrawn after a zoom, that would not have been visible in v4.25 or earlier anyway.

Comment

Actually I'm not working on it because the focus now is on making IP work correctly when provided directly with DIB coords from IV - which still isn't really OK.
                        IrfanPaint developer
                        The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
                        IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

I am surprised MItaly. The problem I was describing looked quite straightforward.

You just seemed to be redrawing the selection box in the wrong place after a zoom above 100%. IV keeps the same selection position (as displayed in the caption bar) and applies its effects in that screen area, but IP redraws the selection in the wrong place and applies its effects there. Both DIBs apparently still working correctly, just a case of incorrect coordinates being used for redrawing the selection in IrfanPaint. I assumed that the problem reported by the OP was just a less obvious consequence of that same error.

I know that you want to move to this new method of constructing the DIB but I understood that it is likely to be some time before that could be ready.

Comment

Working...
                          X