Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cropping with a shape attached to the mouse??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cropping with a shape attached to the mouse??

I'm not quite sure how to phrase this, so bare with me...

Is there a way to attach a pre-defined size (rectangle or square) to the mouse and put it over an image where you click and it crops to that shape? (Instead of having to drag a box to crop or pre-set it in a batch file, have the box centered on the mouse with a pre-selected size.)

Sorry for not having a better way to explain it. Perhaps Point and Crop would be the better phrase?
    Last edited by Rekd; 19.05.2010, 01:13 AM.

Create the selection by dragging with the mouse left button, then right-click and drag the selection wherever you want it.

Hold down Ctrl and drag the edge of the selection to resize it while maintaining its aspect ratio.

Hold down shift and use the cursor keys to reposition it precisely, 1 pixel at a time.

Open the Create custom selection dialogue with Shift C and save the current selection. Then reapply it to the current image as often as you want.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, Rekd. As I understand it, you want a pre-defined shape (say a rectangle) of pre-determined size (say 1" x 1.5") to be cut out of your images. Without having to create the rectangle by dragging your mouse.

You can do what you ask for under IrfanView, with a slight modification. Check out the free Help Manual links in my Signature, for the details. (Check Section 3.3, on Page 36)
      Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
      IrfanView Website - Here
      Sam_Zen's Website - Here
      Author's Website - Here

Comment

Originally posted by WellOiledPC View Post
        Welcome to the Forum, Rekd. As I understand it, you want a pre-defined shape (say a rectangle) of pre-determined size (say 1" x 1.5") to be cut out of your images. Without having to create the rectangle by dragging your mouse.

You can do what you ask for under IrfanView, with a slight modification. Check out the free Help Manual links in my Signature, for the details. (Check Section 3.3, on Page 36)
        That is certainly is better than what I have found and will make life easier.

Thank you.

Comment

You also may create a "Custom crop selection" using the edit menu or pressing Shift+C.

Comment

Working...
          X