Option to set scrollsize?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option to set scrollsize?

Is there a way to tell IrfanView how much to scroll when I press the page-up / page-down keys? If memory serves versions 4.25 and earlier had some nice overlap; convenient, especially when reading comics or the likes.
    Version 4.27 really scrolls the entire "page" - i.e. viewable area - which can be somewhat disorienting.

I've included a random example of what I'm talking about. 'base' would be the page when opened; somewhat resized (and zoomed) to make my point. The two 'scroll's would be what things look like after one "page down" in 4.25 (guessed, since I cannot find the old installer) and 4.27. As you can see, following the text flow gets somewhat bothersome as soon as there are text bubbles crossing the "page break".

I was unable to find anything regarding this topic in either the help or the forums. So I hope this really hasn't been asked before (as opposed to me just not finding the topic). Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

You are quite right Eijhu. Although not in the changes list, this is a change in v4.27. In 4.25 and previous versions the Page Up, Page Down, Home and End keys would move by half a screen width each time. In 4.27 it now moves by a whole screen width.

Like you I found the half page step extremely useful because you could always move where you want to work away from the screen edges without having to use the arrow keys, and it was much easier to keep track of where you were when moving around in a big image. I think this change is a big mistake and intend to write to Irfan to tell him so. I would recommend that you do the same.

The more people who write to say they do not like it the more likely we are to persuade him to put it back as it was, or at least to provide an option to work that way again.

Comment

If you write a mail to Irfan, add my name to it.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi Eijhu,

I can change this using Windows control panel > Mouse properties > Wheel tab.

Laurent
        Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

4.27 with old-style scrolling

Most important things first: I have it on good authority - i.e. from Irfan himself - that the scroll size will be changed back the way it was; in the next version, I presume.

If you absolutely need to have a 4.27 version with the old scrolling behavior: Irfan was kind enough to send me the link to a patched(?) EXE. Overwrite your original executable and you should have all the changes of version 4.27 along with our beloved scrolling behavior of versions 4.25 and before.
          (And since I only thought of attaching the ZIP after I had already uploaded it to Mediafire... Have a link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2ymejy2qhjr)

As far as answers are concerned:

Originally posted by Mij View Post
          I think this change is a big mistake and intend to write to Irfan to tell him so. I would recommend that you do the same.
          I did just that; as can be seen, with astonishing success.

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
          If you write a mail to Irfan, add my name to it.
          Actually I had already sent my mail by that time. ... But of course you sent your own mail, didn't you?

Originally posted by Laurent View Post
          I can change this using Windows control panel > Mouse properties > Wheel tab.
          I don't think that setting influences the distance covered by the page up, page down, home, and end keys. But even if it did, I'm not sure I'd want to change the behavior Windows-wide.
          Attached Files

Comment

But of course you sent your own mail, didn't you?
            No, I didn't ..
            If several persons have the same request, it's better to send one mail imo, than overwhelming Irfan about the same item.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
            X