Cleanup of yellowed images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleanup of yellowed images

I am using Irfanview 4.2.5 to clean up 19th century images like the one here: http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Page:P...ume_2.djvu/801. The original was taken from a JP2 web image of several MB from the Internet Archive. The problem is cleaning up the tiny spaces withing the characters. It's a very long process and I have many images. Is there a quicker way to clean them, other than each individual character with Irfanview or do I have to change to a different software?
    Thanks for any help.
    Irfanview 4.54, Win 10 Pro 64bit 16gb RAM, Intel UHD graphics

With pictures like this, a lot can be done with "Decreasing Colors".
    With maybe an additional editing of the final palette.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

IrfanPaint (F12) and colour replacer with a large brush and high tolerance setting also does a quick job.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I would try Image> Colour corrections and set Saturation right down (-255) and Contrast way up (~100).

You could also experiment with other features like the "Yellow eye reduction" in Image> Effects >Effects browser.

Comment

Thanks again for all your help. Will try and will post the results. Everyone have a nice day.
          Irfanview 4.54, Win 10 Pro 64bit 16gb RAM, Intel UHD graphics

Comment

Working...
          X