Only open selected Images to view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Only open selected Images to view

I want Irfanview to only open the images I select in windows explorer and hit enter. Irfanview would now just open them in separate windows. But I want to only switch through those images in one single window instead of switching through the whole folder. Like a custom slideshow or playlist.

Use the thumbnail view, select the images, then start slideshows with selected thumbnails.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Use the thumbnail view, select the images, then start slideshows with selected thumbnails.
      Thanks for the tip. But because I don't use the Thumbnails function (because it is hard to navigate and the windows 7 explorer looks better) I still would like to have the function for the explorer.

Comment

Originally posted by ioshd View Post
        I want Irfanview to only open the images I select in windows explorer and hit enter. Irfanview would now just open them in separate windows. But I want to only switch through those images in one single window instead of switching through the whole folder. Like a custom slideshow or playlist.
        I support this request. I can do this my old version of ACDSee but would like to switch 100% to IrfanView.

Reasoning:
        Assume I have a folder with 100s/1000s of pictures to review and decide which ones to keep (and where).
        I want to select a group of them (say 100) for viewing (full size - not thumbnail). When I come to one I want to keep, I would
        move/copy that picture to a different folder. After all selected pictures have been viewed I would return to the files
        list, delete the remaining selected files, and select the next group.

Comment

Another existing feature that you might find useful is drag and drop from Windows Explorer into the Irfanview slideshow dialog. Open Irfanview and press W to open the slideshow dialog. Click Remove All if necessary to get rid of any image names from the Slideshow files pane before opening Windows Explorer. Then as you browse in Explorer, any individual or group of files that you select can be dragged and dropped into that pane of the slideshow dialog to put their path and names on the list being built there. After you have finished selecting you can either run a slideshow of them there and then or you can save the list as a Text file to view later.

Footnote: In v4.35 you can now as you view images in slideshow, press F8 to copy the current image to a specified folder.
          Last edited by Mij; 16.11.2012, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks. While your suggestion is a work around for sorting new pictures, it's not nearly as convenient as how I'm doing it now. I'll stick with ACDSee and hope viewing selected files will one day be an IrfanView option. (I do like IrfanView's slideshow better than ACDSee's).

Comment

Working...
            X