File in Use in another program when deleting files in 4.27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported File in Use in another program when deleting files in 4.27

I used a program that searches and downloads lots of pictures from the web. When doing so, I get a fair amount of unwanted files. I usually use Irfanview to go through the directory one by one to review the files. As I come across unwanted files, I hit the delete key and move on to the next file. If I like the picture, I hit the arrow key on the keypad to go to the next file.

Since updating to 4.27, I get an occassional error stating that the file is open in another program. If I hit the ESC key, the message clears and then when I hit delete again, it works.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit with all updates applied through June 7. I have Irfanview set to not warn upon deleting because it's faster to do this than to have to answer yes each time. The directory I am browsing has 600 some files. The error is intermittent. Attached is a screen cap of the message.

Thanks!

wolfman6
    Attached Files

I see this error more often than I used to now, even when not using IrfanView, but just using Windows Explorer to delete or move files. I suspect that a Windows update is the culprit.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I am inclined to agree with Bhikkhu. If one has changed their 'Delayed Writing' setup, such errors make sense. But when one hasn't, I wonder what could have changed in Windows itself, that makes such errors more common...
      Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
      IrfanView Website - Here
      Sam_Zen's Website - Here
      Author's Website - Here

Comment

Working...
      X