Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] A hotkey for a predefined selection frame size

Hi !
    First of all thanks for this great tool, IrfanView really rocks.

As a Palm user, I like to copy my preferred pictures or photos from my PC tomy Palm device.
    In order to tune quality and mage size, I often resize and/or crop the image to the palm screen size, which is 320x450 pixels.

In the current situation, I manualy draw such a selection frame with the mouse adjusting it to exactly 320x450 (or450x320).

I would love to have a hotkey or toolbar button that would preselect such a frame on the picture (say centered) so that I would only need to reposition it before cropping and saving.

This may sound like a quite weird request but as I'm preparing such pictures quite often, it would be very precious to me.
    Does that make any sens to anyone else ?

Implementation design might be a feature to define the size of such a frame and a hotkey definition tool (unless preassigned).

Cheers,
    aSchwarzie

The option is already there to save a selection on the create custom selection dialogue.

Make your selection with the mouse, then press shortcut Shift C. and the current selection will be loaded in the dialogue, where you can save it for use on other pictures.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you *soooo* much ! I couldn't believe my eyes that the feature was indeed already there !
      It works exactly like I was hoping and even beyond my hopes !
      Congratulations !

PS: how can I edit the post title to mark it is as "Solved" ??
      Last edited by aschwarzie; 16.06.2010, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X