will irfan view allow highlights and arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will irfan view allow highlights and arrows

I want a screen capture that will allow me to highlight and place arrows/circles on the picture before uploading to a website. Will irfan view do that?

Thanks

You can do most of that with the IrfanPaint Plugin — you can do upload from the thumbnail view with the FTP plugin.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I downloaded and installed it. But it will not do a screen capture. I have chosen name and location for the file but nothing happens. Tried vista and seven?

Comment

Try FastStone Capture (see my sig) — its much better and works when IrfanView is not running. See my review for details.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Try FastStone Capture (see my sig) — its much better and works when IrfanView is not running. See my review for details.
          Will the free version do highlighs and arrows. Example could i, in a screenshot of this, highlight the word highlight in yellow and stiil see the highlighted word behind the yellow?
          How do you mean works when irfanview is not running
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wageslave View Post
            Will the free version do highlighs and arrows. Example could i, in a screenshot of this, highlight the word highlight in yellow and stiil see the highlighted word behind the yellow?
            Thanks
            yes see i can, this is a very nice program. Thanks for the suggestion Bhikkhu Pesala

Comment

Originally posted by wageslave View Post
              You can choose to run it at Windows startup (it uses very little memory unless an image is loaded), and it then opens whenever you press PrintScrn key combinations while using any program — not just IrfanView.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                You can choose to run it at Windows startup (it uses very little memory unless an image is loaded), and it then opens whenever you press PrintScrn key combinations while using any program — not just IrfanView.
                Ok thanks I am very impressed with it
                Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 23.06.2010, 03:11 PM.

Comment

FWIW, Alt + Print Screen will copy the active window into the clipboard. From there it can be pasted into IrfanView and edited and annotated. I use this feature enough that I have an Start Menu entry for IrfanView with the /clippaste option.

Also, Vista includes a fairly powerful Snipping Tool. The annotation capability is designed for pen input so it is hard to use with just a mouse. I assume Windows 7 has the same program.

Comment

@cwb3106 thanks - very happy with Faststone

Comment

Hi all:

I'm completely new to this. I'm trying to highlight text on TIF images to show in court. I have irfanview and faststone but I can't figure out how the heck to do the highlighting and then be able to save it as a tif again.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Irfanview does not support transparent highlighting but Faststone does - select the Draw Board from the full screen viewer.

Comment

Working...
                        X