Transparent PNG Images are All Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transparent PNG Images are All Black

this is weird. Yesterday I downloaded some PNG's from the net. They showed fine in irfanview. Later yesterday I was forced to update adobe's reader and flashplayer, and now the PNG's from yesterday are black?!

When I open a jpg and save the picture as PNG, the resulting PNG is visible. Huh ?!
    Attached Files

Not enough information to go on. As you can see, their logo image is in colour, and is a GIF, not a PNG image. If I save it as a PNG, it is still in colour.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

http://www.geocaching.com/about/logousage.aspx logos are PNG. Maybe this board converted them to gif? It is strange, because the first time I downloaded them first time, they worked.

I just re-downloaded the original png's from the link above, and they are black (invissible) when viewing with irfanview, and black and white (visible) when viewing with windows-viewer.

(updating irfanview from 4.25 to 4.27 did not fix the problem)
      Last edited by novw; 24.06.2010, 10:53 AM.

Comment

The logo in the page header is GIF. The logos at the bottom of the page are PNG with transparency.

IrfanView doesn't display transparency with a grid like other apps — it uses the background viewing colour, which by default is black. So, change the colour in Properties, Viewing to white or cyan or whatever, and you can see the images.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

ok. So I go to properties, viewing and change "main window color" to (say) red. I get (picture 1):

That's a no. So I go to properties, browsing and change "background color for cut" to red. I can make a screendump, but nothing changes.

And I am still lost. Not seeing these pics.
          Attached Files

Comment

From the File menu, reopen the image after changing the main window colour to white (or anything but black).

Comment

aha... Yup. I now have a red logo

Thx !

Comment

Working...
              X