Delete files when in Slideshow mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Delete files when in Slideshow mode

I cannot delete files when in Slideshow-mode. Is this a bug or a feature? In any case, i would appreciate the possibility.

I'm a native Mac user, and an OS X home user till my G4 Dual 1.4 MDD died (power supply). I was a longtime user of Thorsten Lemke's GraphicConverter, both legacy and OS X versions, and his slideshow had this feature. It shouldn't be that difficult, considering that in ordinary "window" view there's a Delete button that calls up the conventional explorer.exe dialog to confirm a file deletion.

Until one of the coders/bigwigs answers on this thread, folks may want to try the hotkey that's indicated in a normal window's File menu for Delete (Del key).

Personally, I'd love to see a stylish "mimic" of Lemkesoft's floating slideshow toolbar. Anybody out there who "plays both sides of the fence" and has time & energy to post a screenshot of same, please do -- there's zilch on TL's website and even less on Google Image Search. Screenshot in Mac/Mac OS X is open-apple-option-3 for a full window, open-apple-option-4 for the frontmost window; I suggest using the former. They should still work on Intel Macs, as Mr Jobs was quite insistent that most of his brainfarts from 20+ years ago were carried over.

BZT
    There's still room for two things in IrfanView: 1). Space at the bottom of each image in a full-screen slideshow to display such metadata as keywords, supplemental categories, origin etc.; 2). Space to add just those few (dozen) annoying metadata tags IrfanView can't read in, edit or save back to a file. I advocate both. BZT

Comment

Working...
    X