Dragging (sizing) marquees beyond window edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Dragging (sizing) marquees beyond window edge

I repeatedly get a problem if I create a marquee (selection box) and, in choosing the initial size, drag it beyond the edge of the window, particularly the right edge. It's kind of hard to describe the problem, but the selection box kind of inverts itself, and it becomes difficult to work out what I've actually selected. See an example below, where I have dragged off to the right, and then back to the left, making what looks like two selection boxes but is actually one, which is not itself outlined.

I'm currently running IrfanView 4.27 on 64-bit Windows 7, but I know that this has occurred on other machines, running earlier versions of IrfanView and earlier versions of Windows.

If this is a feature, not a bug, and I've missed some useful functionality, please feel free to point and laugh.

Cheers.

Definitely a bug. Was reported before in another thread, but I can't find the one.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi Sam_Zen. This is all part of the problem in this thread that we both investigated and confirmed when Irfanpaint is used with v4.27 of Irfanview.

Since the Irfanpaint dialog appears in his image, that is presumably the problem that Rat is describing now.

In the past I have seen the problem without Irfanpaint turned on but I cannot now reproduce it that way when using v4.27 of Irfanview.

Comment

Working...
      X