Slow unzooming with a 256-MB RAM computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow unzooming with a 256-MB RAM computer

I have XP with 256-MB RAM. I open a 3000x4000 image and make a zoom on a 100x100 portion. This zooming action goes fast, but when I want to unzoom, I see the sand glass icon, and my computer is blocked for a looong time! And I hear many, many disk accesses! I can't even stop Irfanview with Alt,Ctrl, Del, Task manager.

I have unchecked "View, Diplay options, Use resample for zooming". With another computer with 512-MB RAM unzooming goes fast. Is there a setting option available to warn Irfanview of this 256-MB size? How can I at least rapidly go back to the initial zoom size with this computer?

Irfanview version 4.27
    Last edited by j.p.coulon; 29.06.2010, 07:32 AM.

Try the shortcuts "f" for fit or Ctrl h for zoom to original size.

Install more RAM if you need to work with such large images.

Turning off undo in Options Properties will also help to reduce memory requirements.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Sorry, I had unchecked "use resample for fitting" instead of "use resample for zooming" on the "small" computer! Now my unzoomings are fast. Thank!

Comment

Working...
      X