Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Browsing Two images side-by-side or "book mode"

This is a humble request from an user.

I have used Irfanview for at least 8 years and one of the most missed feature for me is a viewing option where i can see 2 images side-by-side, like a book.

With the success of 16:10 and 16:9 screens, i think it would be useful to have mode where you can read/watch 2 pages/images on the screen while browsing. Add a international option with the right to left page reading and the feature would be perfect.

I want this too.

Even a simple button to resize the windows of 2 IRFANVIEW Windows so that they split the screen, should be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Lok View Post
      I want this too.

Even a simple button to resize the windows of 2 IRFANVIEW Windows so that they split the screen, should be enough.
      I understand the need to sometimes compare 2 images but what is the attraction of browsing images side by side like an open book? You only look at one at a time and a simple key press rapidly "turns" the page for you.
      If you want to compare images, open another copy of Irfanview. I sometimes set one of the Open with External editor commands to do just that. True the second copy opens on top of the first, but it is easy enough to drag the second window to one side and it then stays there for the rest of the session while browsing on to images I want to compare with it. You can't do that with a book.

Comment

I think this relates to multi-page TIF images.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Image comparison would be nice, IMHO.

Comment

Magazines, and some books, place images over both pages. The only way to see the entire image is to view both pages at once.

Comment

Working...
            X