Windows 7 64bit install fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 64bit install fails

Trying to install on a windows 7 64bit system. The install fails right after Window's security window popup's. I get no propmpts and nothing is installed according to the window's control panel.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

-- Kenbo666

Hi,

I'm running IrfanView on Windows 7 x64 without a problem. Try to run the installer by clicking with the right mouse button on it and select "Run as Administrator". Check the program files (x86) folder if there is a directory called "IrfanView".

Regards, Nils.

Comment

OK, I tried that still got nothing. Thanks Nils.

Comment

You may also just copy an existing installation from another system to a folder c:\program files (x86)\irfanview. I did this with my win7/64 and ist works except the problem that iview is really slow.
        Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
        Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

I don't know about the Irfanview install, but when I installed another program on Windows 7 64-bit I had the same problem and got around it by disabling the Windows UAC during the install.

Comment

Using the zip files and extract them to the Program Files (x86) folder should work.
            On my Windows 7 x64 IrfanView isn't slow. Maybe you have to disable both resampling functions (both entries in the View menu, Display options submenu, the others in the options for full screen).

Comment

"Using the zip files and extract them to the Program Files (x86) folder should work."

Downloading the executable into the x86 folder worked for me. Thanks, derniwi.

Dick

Comment

Hi Kenbo, I just had the same problem after installing the newest version of Irfanview ((4.27)) on my new computer (I'm also running Win7 x64 bit version), ...to fix this issue quickly I had to manually go to my Irfanview folder - located here; "Computer/Local Disk (c/Program Files (x86)/Irfanview/Plugins" and manually install the missing "FORMATS.DLL". Then it works perfectly.

You can get the missing .dll here for free, absolutely NO hassles.

Cheers!

~Valorien

Comment

I too face no issues running IrfanView 4.27 on Windows Ultimate 64-Bit. It could happen if your IrfanView/ Plug-ins installation file is corrupt...
                  Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
                  IrfanView Website - Here
                  Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                  Author's Website - Here

Comment

Working...
                  X