• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IV 4.20 under XPSP3 crash in save-as dialog

When I

* load an image from my hard disk, from my desktop, for example
    * press "save as" button
    * in the "save as" dialog which appears, mouse over any file or folder on the local hard disk

IV crashes.

(WinXP SP3, IV 4.20)

slim

Any reason why you're using such an old version? The latest version is 4.27 — I don't think bugs will be fixed in old versions even if they can be verified, unless they still exist in the latest version.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I was using version 4.2 because I hadn't received an e-mail from Irfan saying that there was a great new version available. I've installed 4.27 now, though, and I observe the same behavior. slim

Comment

Hi,

can you cross check this behaviour against other programs, i.e. the Paint file dialog?
        I don't think that this is a problem from IrfanView.

Regards, Nils.

Comment

I thought the same thing, but I can't reproduce this behavior with MSPaint or Notepad. Maybe the IV code subclasses the standard "save as" dialog to provide some additional information in the "hints" which appear when one mouses over a name in the file list, and this code is failing.

Comment

Working...
          X