Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWAIN support for Nikon LS-2000 scanner

Hi guys,

I have IV 4.27 working with my Nikon LS-2000 slide scanner with Nikon Scan 3.1 software on an XP SP2 system. The scanner software has some quite powerful options for adjusting the image, but not all of the adjustments I make appear in the final image. It's the same for both batch and single scan.

Specifically I can crop, adjust resolution dpi, adjust analog gain, adjust focus, and invoke digital ICE. When I adjust colour curves or gamma or the grey point or other things that have a histogram, they appear in the Nikon Preview Window OK but don't make it to the IrfanView image (and not in the file either of course).

Interestingly, if I rotate the image in the Nikon software, I get a warning message (when I hit scan) saying not all TWAIN application supports rotate and then IrfanView crashes with a program error.

If I use the Nikon software stand-alone, it works fine. If I use another TWAIN supporting program (GIMP or Word) it works fine. I used to use an HP PhotoSmart S-10 slide scanner with IrfanView (albeit an earlier version of IV) and that could adjust colour and contrast OK.

I picked up the idea someplace that some of the Nikon scanner adjustments are in the EXIF data, and that might explain why there is a difference between adjusting contrast or not (or rather, why there is no difference when adjustments have been made).

So with that as a pre-amble, my questions are:
    - Should IrfanView fully support TWAIN drivers (adjustments work with GIMP and Word but not IV)?
    - Are there some settings that I've missed?
    - Does it sound like an IV bug?

Any hints, tips, or observations welcome.

Thanks, Neil.
Working...
X