Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Fixed Zoom and Fixed Zoom Area when Browsing

It would be super:
    In fullscreen you zoom in some area. Then you press NEXT. And look at same zoom and same area of another photo.

It could be realized as an option(checkbox) in preferences:
    " remember zoom size and pozition when browsing"

It is realized in cameras(Canon for example). Very useful to check focus in many photos. This is only lacking feature in IrfanView, for me.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english.
    P.P.S.: IrfanView user till last 10 years.

You already have these features in the View menu
    * Lock zoom
    * Keep scroll position

Please note that if you use Ctrl+H to zoom to 100%, this is a temporary change that applies only to the current image and cannot be locked. To lock zoom at 100% you need to select the appropriate 1:1 mode in the Display options.

Comment

Mij, Thank You!!!

I tried, it is near what I want. As i could see, "lock zoom" and "keep focus position" is temporary.

It would be good if this setting could be saved permanently.
      All my workflow is in fullscreen mode, so it is not good to switch into window mode for the View\"keep focus position" menu. How to make this two options permanently enabled ?

Comment

I just wanted to point out that they were there. I get the impression that few people are that happy with the way they work but suspect that there are limitations to the concept of locking zoom and position that have to be observed. You do set and save Display options for both window and fullscreen modes that implicitly define the zoom and position for any particular image (e.g fit to window). So the locked figures have to override those settings which may be why the author believes they should only be temporary.

I cannot see any good reason why these temporary locked settings should not be available in fullscreen mode as well as window mode though. Since fullscreen does not even have a Centred option it would be particularly valuable there. At present you have to press "5" on the number pad to bring each image back to the centre if you have selected the Display full size option, otherwise you just see the top left corner of every image.

Comment

Working...
        X