Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Printing Default Setting

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with printing on my network printer. It is a multi tray color printer which I mostly want to use as a black and white printer due to printing costs. On the Network share I created default settings for the printer which set it to black and white. In case I actually need a colored printout I can change it on the fly by choosing the options on the printer dialog.

Now on my client computer it all seems to work fine - and I can check the correct default settings at XP Printers directory. If now for example I try to print a page with Firefox or a document in word, it gets printed in the default b/w as intended. Only in IrfanView the printout is always colored. If I have a look at the printing options I actually see that its set to color there. Even choosing "Default Values" here does not change it to b/w it is as though the default values of the printer are ignored.

The same is true for page size. I tried to set up a different "virtual" printer to print out from a tray that is always loaded with A3 paper. In the setting the trunk itself seems to be copied from the default settings, while the setting for the paper size is ignored and set back to the factory setting A4.

Now I am not sure if this is really a problem with IrfanView, but I only encountered in there, while all other programs seem to follow the default settings of the printer.

Thanks for a quick hint where I might have made a mistake.

Cheers

RĂ¼diger
Working...
X