Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Print directly from explorer

Hello,

I quickly want to print various types of images directly from explorer (Windows 7 x64) without opening the Heavy duty programs (Illustrator / Photoshop). I can open the files in IrfanView and print them.

I've tried making a Shortcut in the SendTo folder with the /p and the /print parameter I've Also Added "%1" in front and behind the printing parameters An Example of the shortcut i've made : "C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" "%1" /p

This is giving the following result:

%1 : Can't read file header !
    Unknown file format or file not found !
    (for unicode file names please activate the Unicode PlugIn in 'Properties->Languages')

Without the "%1" Irfan View just opens whitout an image loaded. So it seems like the filename / location isn't transmitted as an parameter to IrfanView. I don't know if this is an Windows or an IrfanView Issue.

Does anyone have an sollution / tips

Kind Regards,
    Marcel van der Steen

If you right click the image in Windows Explorer, one of the options is Print. Click on that and it will print your image. Is that what you're looking for? ... Cheers, Neil.

Comment

First: Use the correct parameter; ”/print” and not ”/p”.

Second: Use an alternative way; create a small batch script like this
      @echo off
      "C:\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" %1 /print
      and put a link to this file into the Windows ”SendTo” folder.
      »Und so, in eurer Verzweiflung, kommt ihr zu mir.«

Texteditor EmEditor:
      Deutsche Sprachdatei (v7.01) für EmEditor Pro 7.02 (englisch)
      EmEditor Pro 8.06 (deutsch) | Deutsche Sprachdatei (v8) für EmEditor Pro 8.06 (englisch)
      Deutsche Sprachdatei (v9.16) für EmEditor Pro 9.17 (englisch)

Comment

Hi Foxy,

The batch did the trick. I didn't think about it. Thank you for this now i can print Illustrator files very fast.

Kind regards,
        Marcel van der Steen

Comment

Another way to achieve this for each file type omit the need for bat files:
          1. Open regedit.exe
          2. Go to "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg"
          3. Note the default value. Mine is "jpegfile", but this can be different on your pc depending on what program is associated to jpg's
          4. Now, go to "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jpegfile" (name after backslash same as you found in last step)
          5. Go one step deeper in the tree structure, into "shell".
          6. Assuming you haven't a sub key (loks like explorer folder) named "Print", make it.
          7. Make another subkey inside "Print" and name it "command".
          8. Open the "Default value" inside the "command" key.
          9. Enter the same parameter here as to the BAT file - "C:\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" %1 /print or wherever irfanview program directory is located.

Tip:
          • This applies to all windows versions.
          • The same procedure applies for all filetypes
          • If you do point #4 for "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\sh ell" instead, this will apply to ALL image filetypes.
          If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

Comment

Working...
          X