How to change INI file location after installation v4.27, w7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change INI file location after installation v4.27, w7

I had been using iview since long when probably the option for shifting ini file was not there.

I had never changed the folder for ini file, so iview must be putting it at its default place.

I now want the ini file to be moved out from that default and put into, say, f:\mydata\iv so that my settings remained saved safely.

1. how do i do that. iv 4.27 on windows7.

2. if i ever format my c: and reinstall w7, how do i link to this f: folder/ file to my new iv installation?

Thanks.

The ini file (i_view32.ini) is just like any other file and you will find a copy in the same folder as the program (i_view32.exe). Open it up in Notepad though to make sure it is the one with all your settings in it. It may just have a couple of lines like
    Code:
    [Others]
    INI_Folder=%APPDATA%\IrfanView
    which redirects the program to create the file somewhere else. If so you may need to search for it.

If you just want to keep a copy of the current ini file then copy it to f:\mydata\iv just as you would any other file. If you want that ini file to be updated though when you make changes to the settings then you will need to replace the ini file that is in the same folder as i_view32.exe, by one like that above. In your case if would say
    Code:
    [Others]
    INI_Folder=f:\mydata\iv

Comment

[deleted]
      I think this method has worked so far,
      but now, on installing 4.44 64 bit, it is not working.
      adding this line to ini file doesn't reflect in tools-properties itself.

it is my own old post, but it is so old so starting a new thread on the same.
      [deleted]

No, it is ok.

I had actually put the backup at E:\MyData\iv\Roaming to remember that it is at roaming folder in appdata (not in local, etc.)
      so, it was not finding ini file at E:\MyData\iv so not working.

I have now put the correct location, E:\MyData\iv\Roaming where it is able to find ini file, so it is working.

I am on iv 4.51 64 bit on w81.

Thanks.
      Last edited by vsrawat; 30.12.2018, 03:36 AM. Reason: new development shared with members

Comment

Working...
      X