Image order when viewing; Viewing files from multiple folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image order when viewing; Viewing files from multiple folders

When viewing files, the list of files that can be viewed is taken from the files in the current folder. Is there a way to put images from different folders in the current list of files that will be viewed?

Also, can the images be viewed in random order (not the default alphabetical order)?

The slideshow function is an option for I what I would like to do, but I also would like to retain the functions to zoom in/out, crop and delete the currently viewed image (which is not possible when viewing a slideshow).

1. viewing files from diff. folders: currently not possible. Even links wont work
    2. using the slide show you can tell IrfanView to view in random order
    3. Use the full screen option (just press the "enter" key for switching between window and fullscreen mode). You can jump to the next picture using the "right arrow" key or "space".

Comment

Originally posted by dazed View Post
      The slideshow function is an option for I what I would like to do, but I also would like to retain the functions to zoom in/out, crop and delete the currently viewed image (which is not possible when viewing a slideshow).
      You can zoom in and out in a slideshow. Use + and - keys on the number pad or Ctrl + mousewheel if you have one.

Two different ways to break out of a slideshow to edit an image:
      1. Send to External editor 1 by pressing Shift+E (only works with slideshow in full screen mode). The external editor can be Irfanview itself. The slideshow will continue running behind the editor, so best to use with manual image advance.
      2. Stop slideshow by pressing Enter. Press Shift+R to reopen the last image you viewed in the slideshow. You will have to restart the show through the slideshow dialog after editing but if you had Remember last file index on exit checked you can easily resume where you left off.

You can also view images listed in the slideshow dialog in the main Irfanview browser window if you save the list. The easiest way to work is to create a special folder in which to save slideshow lists. Now create a batch file using Notepad and enter the single line
      "c:\program files\irfanview\i_view32.exe" /filelist=%1
      (amend the "c:\program files\irfanview\i_view32.exe" bit if Irfanview is located somewhere else)
      Now save your batch file as Launch.bat in your special folder. (Make sure "Save as type.." box is set to "All files *.*" to avoid adding .txt to your file name)
      Now whenever you have composed a list in the Slideshow dialog you can press "Save filename as TXT file". Name and save it in your special folder. After saving navigate in the "Look in..." box of the dialog to your special folder, where you should see both your saved file and Launch.bat. Click down on your saved file and drag and drop it onto Launch.bat. Another copy of Irfanview opens where you can view the images in the order they were on the list.

Comment

Working...
      X