Automatic fit in Full Screen view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Automatic fit in Full Screen view

At the moment, the Full Screen options offer "Fit image width..." and "Fit image height..." (among others). These make part of each image invisible, but you can then drag the image with the right mouse button to view the rest of the image. If you browse through a collection of images in Full Screen and want to view them at the maximum possible size in this way, you have to switch manually between "Fit height" and "Fit width" depending on whether each image is in landscape or portrait format.

Is it possible to introduce an option which would automatically make the appropriate selection, depending on the format of the image? For example, on my own screen anything with an aspect ratio of less than 1.25 would be treated as a portrait ("Fit width") and anything greater than that as landscape ("Fit height").

Prompted by Jazzman ( below), I've realised that all that lot sounds a bit over-complicated. What I'm asking for is simply an option to fit the smaller dimension (height or width) to the screen, rather than the larger one, which is what Fit to Screen does.
    Last edited by Charlie-Golf; 08.09.2010, 07:15 PM.

This feature already exists (and is in fact the default setting when installing IV):
    Properties --> Full Screen --> Fit to screen large images only (recommended)

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Automatic fit to screen

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
      This feature already exists (and is in fact the default setting when installing IV):
      Properties --> Full Screen --> Fit to screen large images only (recommended)
      Hi, Jazzman.

No, Fit to Screen (large images) only fits the largest dimension to the screen, so you can still see the whole image all at once, with black areas either above and below or at the sides. What I'm suggesting (in effect), is fitting the smallest dimension to the screen, so that some of the image is off the screen. You'd then scroll to see the rest of it.

Comment

Working...
      X