Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to set save/open default folder in .ini file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set save/open default folder in .ini file?

I am offering Irfanview as an application to a small group of users. A group policy will prohibit these users to browse anything else than network shares from their computers. My problem is that the initial run of IrfanView will always start in the c:\program files\irfanview even if this is prohibited by my "hide local drives policy".

Ok ... long story short ... I am looking for a simple way to force irfanview to always open its open/save dialog window to a network share (for instance the users home-folder).

Is this possible by a parameter in the ini-file?

Options, Properties, Start/Exit options: You can set a Specific folder there.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Options, Properties, Start/Exit options: You can set a Specific folder there.
      Do you know where this value will be written? As a parameter in the .ini file?
      In a registry key? I need to set the value before my users actually use the application itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Skynet View Post
        Do you know where this value will be written? As a parameter in the .ini file?
        In a registry key? I need to set the value before my users actually use the application itself.
        Ohh ... found it.

StartFolder=p:\somefolder\

Thanx

Comment

I had more luck changing the OpenFolder in [Open] than StartFolder in [Others] to achieve the goal of opening files in a default start folder.

Of course, this is 5 years later.... things might have changed....

Comment

Working...
          X