Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented Disable option to Set as Wallpaper

Hi,

Is there anyway this can be disabled from within Irfan?

Cheers,
    Bob

Hi bobbai,

As far as I know, it isn't possible to disable features of IrfanView.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

I am moving this to the Feature Requests forum.

Control Shift C, T, S to set the current image as wallpaper is a bad idea.

Alt Shift C, T, S currently toggles the Caption (Windows Title), Toolbar, and Status Line. It is all too easy to confuse the two and change the wallpaper.

Just how often does anyone need to change the desktop wallpaper? Once a day at most. I change mine about once a year. This is easy to do from the menus. Shortcuts should be reserved for frequently used commands.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Sure, while some shortcuts are missing, like Convert to Greyscale or Increase/Decrease Color Depth.
        Both these problems can probably be addressed, as a workaround, by using ResHacker on IV...

Comment

Resource Hacker won't work on compressed executables.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            I am moving this to the Feature Requests forum.

Control Shift C, T, S to set the current image as wallpaper is a bad idea.

Alt Shift C, T, S currently toggles the Caption (Windows Title), Toolbar, and Status Line. It is all too easy to confuse the two and change the wallpaper.

Just how often does anyone need to change the desktop wallpaper? Once a day at most. I change mine about once a year. This is easy to do from the menus. Shortcuts should be reserved for frequently used commands.
            I agree with you 110%! I found this out about an hour ago, when I tried to check out alt|shift\c from another post. I inadvertently clicked ctrl|shift|c and wound up with the image I was viewing as wallpaper. Since I never use wallpaper, it took some head-scratching to realize what happened. You're right, it is very easy to click the wrong key, even if you normally use hotkey commands.
            Laren
            [aka sandman]
            http://ldart.got.net

Comment

Ack, yes. So far I have never given myself accidental wallpaper, but now I tremble in fear because I have been minimalizing the window more lately. The last thing I need is a wallpaper hotkey! Grayscale..now there's a dream...
              Its: Belongs to "It"
              It's: Shortened form of "It is"
              ---------------------
              Lose: Fail to keep
              Loose: Not tight

---------------------
              Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Why needing a wallpaper in the first place. It's one of those silly constructions M$ has created according to their office analogy of a PC environment.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Agreed

Just had this same problem myself.

The option itself seems nice, but not as a shortcut.

Comment

Added request for Customisable Shortcuts to Project List

Comment

Greetings, it's been over 3 years since this was brought up. Control-Shift-S is increasingly common for Save-As in windows programs and although I am aware of the wallpaper trap, I still inadvertently get caught. Bhikkhu posted a work around but I think it disappeared from my Irfanview folder on the update. I'm back trying to find it again.

Comment

Hello,
                        I've registered an account only to post here.
                        Please add option to disable this feature, or hardcode re-bind it to something like ctrl + alt + f13 + scroll wheel 15 degree turn.

I've set up wallpaper at least 4 times this week and this is Wednesday. I love IrfanView, I use it for last 10 years I think, and I don't want to switch, but this is the only thing that upsets me and made me use xnview as well.

I'm not sure how many people actually use that wallpaper feature, but I can't think of a reason why I'd want a Ctrl + Shift + s NOT being a save-as option, but setting up a wallpaper. It's almost like enter would shutdown PC.

Please, remove/rebind this feature.
                        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.02.2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

The last time I asked Irfan Skiljan replied that he would do it some time, implying that it was not a top priority. That is now getting on for two years ago.

Comment

Create folder %appdata%\IrfanView\IrfanView_Wallpaper.bmp
                            Last edited by RottenImp; 02.03.2018, 02:15 PM.
                            IV 4.56 32-bit

Comment

I get around this by having some other program to grab the Ctrl+Shift+S hotkey before Irfanview does.
                              In my case this is the program PicPick that I have running in the background all the time so that the invaluable tools like Pixel ruler, Crosshair, Magnifier, Color Picker and Capture are always instantly available to me. The PicPick Program option "Run program at startup" is set and within it Ctrl+Shift+S is set as the hotkey for the Crosshair. Instead of Irfanview grabbing it and creating another wallpaper, PicPick grabs it and shows the Crosshair. I can dismiss that by just pressing the Right mouse button or ESC if that is easier.

Comment

Working...
                              X