No announcement yet.

Disable option to Set as Wallpaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be great, lots of programs use Ctrl+Shift+S as shortcut to Save As...

Comment

Remove shortcut for set desktop wallpaper

I very often accidentally set the background-image on my desktop by pushing some shortcut in IrfanView, and it's really a pain to remove it every time.

I assume the majority of users don't change their background-image so often that a short-cut is needed for this function?

But who knows....maybe I'm wrong.

But maybe I'm not?

What if > 50% of the use of this shortcut is pushed by accident?

It would really be ridiculous not to kill it.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 01.04.2018, 05:39 PM.

Comment

As you can see this Feature Request is more than 10 years old.

Ctrl+Shift+P will set the previous wallpaper when you make a mistake.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Ctrl+Shift+P will set the previous wallpaper when you make a mistake.
          Ctrl+Shift+P doesn't work when you've already closed IrfanView. Opening IrfanView again and selecting "Previous wallpaper" does nothing.

This is the problem I'm in... go to close things down and then realise the background has been set to one of the images I was editing earlier in the day!! (I suspect it was the Ctrl+Shift+S shortcut that got me!)

So, just adding my 2c ... please remove the Wallpaper shortcuts (do we really need them?). Or make them sufficiently different so as not to make them easy to trip on!

Comment

Ctrl+Shift+P works for me, only problem there is no option to set it to span both of my monitors when setting a wallpaper, so when restored, the previous wallpaper is Centered (or whatever).
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 29.04.2019, 09:25 AM.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Option to disable "Use as desktop background image"

Hello,

Who needs the option the use a graphics as desktop background? Yes, may be, but honestly pretty rarely. I had mistakenly used some keys that made some inadequate picture my desktop picture. Oh dear, where came that from ... until I found out. It would be good, to have that feature optionally disabled in the settings.

Thank you,
              Panther

Comment

I forwarded this feature request to Irfan Skiljan 12 years ago. I think it's a stupid option, but no option to remove it or to define hotkeys after more than a decade of asking. I guess we will have to get accustomed to using Ctrl+Shift+P to reset the wallpaper whenever we spot the mistake.

You could try sending him an email (Help, About) and let us know what he says (then I will update this thread), but I don't think it will ever happen.

Comment

Years ago I've been searching for a simple way to customize the IrfanView shortcuts, I got into this thread, and seeing the situation, I gave up for a straight solution.
                  Well from then on I solved this problem with a little trick and forgot everything.
                  Today I came across this same thread again and I horrified seeing that you people are still waiting for a proper solution.
                  So please forgive me, I should have shared my experience years ago.

This is my solution.
                  • Open your favourite resource editor. If you have no one, you can download Resource Hacker.
                  • Drag the IrfanView executable i_view64.exe on Resource Hacker.
                  • Open the Accelerators folder.
                  • Find the shortcut you want to remove.
                  • Remove it (it's a simple text editor so I imagine you can do it with no further cues).
                  • Compile with F5 button.
                  • Save the exe file as whatever you want.
                  From now on your executable called "whatever you want" won't have the damned shortcut anymore.

For example,if you want to remove the notorious CTRL+SHIFT+S shortcut, search for this line:
                  VK_S, 1201, NOINVERT, CONTROL, SHIFT, VIRTKEY
                  and remove it.

To kill other shortcuts, consider that VK_? represents the accelerator letter and, naturally consider the other modifier keys too.

Enjoy

Comment

Just remove write-permission to a key in registry, see this thread:
                    https://irfanview-forum.de/forum/pro...paper-function

Comment

Shortcuts can now be edited or removed by right-clicking on the menu.

Comment

Working...
                      X