Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cannot load Nero Burning Room

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.27
    CPU Cores

Tried that last night. Checked and double checked the path and the text. Imported it no problem into the registry. No luck.
    Rebooted the computer to be sure - still "can't load Nero Burning Rom"
    I will try uninstall and reinstall of Nero 10 tonight.

Thanks

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.27
    CPU Cores

HallelujaH!!! I reinstalled the burning ROM for Nero 9, resinstalled your regestry text keys, and IT WORKS!!!
    Thank you!

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.27
    CPU Cores

This also happened to me, and I did reinstall Windows 7. However, I only had to repair the system, not a full install, and it fixed the registry.
    Nero offered a "General Cleaning tool", which seemed to remove Nero 8 from the registry without corrupting it. I got it awhile ago from their site. I don't know if it is still available.
    Of course, when I deleted Nero 8 as above, I had forgotten that I had the tool.

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.50
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

I recently did a re-install of Nero 11, as well as IrfanView 32 bit (64 bit version doesn't have a plugin for Nero).

However, when I go to burn a cd/dvd in IrfanView Slideshow, I get the error: "Can't load Nero Burning Rom".

I've looked at the Registry as described above, and there is no entry for Nero in the App Paths path. I don't know enough about the registry to manually create the entry, so tried repairing the Nero install through Control Panel, but that didn't fix the issue either. I am also reluctant to used any type of RegClean program because of all of the bad experiences reported on various forums. Is there a simple way to add the entry "for Dummies"?

Link to other history that brought me to this point: https://irfanview-forum.de/showthread.php?t=11542

UPDATE MAR 23 / 2018:
    I've been exploring the issue in the Nero forum as well, and evidently Nero moved the ability to burn VCD to Nero Video starting with version 10, so that could be the issue. I also did a registry edit to add Nero into the registry as describe earlier in this thread, but that didn't correct the problem.
    Last edited by Nepper; 24.03.2018 at 04:22 AM. Reason: updated fixes tried

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.50
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Conclusion: IrfanView and Nero are no longer friendly with each other.

So I think I finally have a (convoluted) process:
    1) Edit picture metadata (IPTC for caption) in XnView
    2) Create a slideshow in IrfanView that displays the caption (and any other metadata you want such as date, filename, f-stop etc.) Don't bother putting the music in yet, do it later in Nero.
    3) Place about 20 seconds of buffer pix at the start (it takes several seconds to initiate the screen recording process, and it won't initiate before the slideshow is running), and save the slideshow as an exe
    4) Windows 10: Settings / gaming / DVR / Video quality high
    5) Start the slideshow and click on the Windows-G keys at same time
    6) Say yes to game and hit record, let it record for the duration of the slideshow
    7) Import resulting mp4 into Nero (or other movie creation software), and edit as you see fit, or, share recorded slideshow with your Mac friends as it is, an mp4.
    Last edited by Nepper; 12.04.2018 at 03:46 AM.

Thread Information