Cannot load Nero Burning Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I fixed the problem on my computer, there should be a registry entry set by the Nero installer which is missing. For x64 systems and Nero 9 this regsitry file should help:
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Nero.exe]
    "Path"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Nero\\Nero 9\\Nero Burning ROM"
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Nero\\Nero 9\\Nero Burning ROM\\Nero.exe"
    And this file should help on x32 systems with Nero 9, but I couldn't test it:
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Nero.exe]
    "Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Nero\\Nero 9\\Nero Burning ROM"
    @="C:\\Program Files\\Nero\\Nero 9\\Nero Burning ROM\\Nero.exe"

Maybe this keys will work with Nero 10 and you also should check if the path have to be changed (locate the Nero.exe and insert the path. After this double all the backslashes).

And be careful that you have a backup of your computer before modifying the registry if you aren't sure what you are doing.

Regards, Nils.

Comment

OK, Nils. I will try this.
      I have edited the registry before and understand the possible pitfalls

Thank you!
      Roy

Comment

I went into the reggistry and followed into App Paths. The Nero.exe IS missing, and I'm not sure how to add it - is it a key, string, etc.? Then, I assume, the second line is typed into the adjacent window?

Sorry - your help is most appreciated.

Thanks, Roy

Comment

I tried adding the key, etc in the reg editor - No luck. I guess I'll try it by merging a text file?

Comment

Yes, paste the text into a text file, save it ad rename the extension to .reg (be sure that you do not hide the file extenstions). As I said check the path, maybe you have to modify it.
            And then double click the reg file for importing it into the registry.

Comment

Tried that last night. Checked and double checked the path and the text. Imported it no problem into the registry. No luck.
              Rebooted the computer to be sure - still "can't load Nero Burning Rom"
              I will try uninstall and reinstall of Nero 10 tonight.

Thanks

Comment

HallelujaH!!! I reinstalled the burning ROM for Nero 9, resinstalled your regestry text keys, and IT WORKS!!!
                Thank you!

Comment

This also happened to me, and I did reinstall Windows 7. However, I only had to repair the system, not a full install, and it fixed the registry.
                  Nero offered a "General Cleaning tool", which seemed to remove Nero 8 from the registry without corrupting it. I got it awhile ago from their site. I don't know if it is still available.
                  Of course, when I deleted Nero 8 as above, I had forgotten that I had the tool.

Comment

I recently did a re-install of Nero 11, as well as IrfanView 32 bit (64 bit version doesn't have a plugin for Nero).

However, when I go to burn a cd/dvd in IrfanView Slideshow, I get the error: "Can't load Nero Burning Rom".

I've looked at the Registry as described above, and there is no entry for Nero in the App Paths path. I don't know enough about the registry to manually create the entry, so tried repairing the Nero install through Control Panel, but that didn't fix the issue either. I am also reluctant to used any type of RegClean program because of all of the bad experiences reported on various forums. Is there a simple way to add the entry "for Dummies"?

Link to other history that brought me to this point: https://irfanview-forum.de/showthread.php?t=11542

UPDATE MAR 23 / 2018:
                    I've been exploring the issue in the Nero forum as well, and evidently Nero moved the ability to burn VCD to Nero Video starting with version 10, so that could be the issue. I also did a registry edit to add Nero into the registry as describe earlier in this thread, but that didn't correct the problem.
                    Last edited by Nepper; 24.03.2018, 05:22 AM. Reason: updated fixes tried

Comment

Conclusion: IrfanView and Nero are no longer friendly with each other.

So I think I finally have a (convoluted) process:
                      1) Edit picture metadata (IPTC for caption) in XnView
                      2) Create a slideshow in IrfanView that displays the caption (and any other metadata you want such as date, filename, f-stop etc.) Don't bother putting the music in yet, do it later in Nero.
                      3) Place about 20 seconds of buffer pix at the start (it takes several seconds to initiate the screen recording process, and it won't initiate before the slideshow is running), and save the slideshow as an exe
                      4) Windows 10: Settings / gaming / DVR / Video quality high
                      5) Start the slideshow and click on the Windows-G keys at same time
                      6) Say yes to game and hit record, let it record for the duration of the slideshow
                      7) Import resulting mp4 into Nero (or other movie creation software), and edit as you see fit, or, share recorded slideshow with your Mac friends as it is, an mp4.
                      Last edited by Nepper; 12.04.2018, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X