Guidelines on Formatting Posts
There is no need to format your posts at all, but the options are there, if you want to use them.
- Avoid the use of coloured text for the entire post as it is harder to read.
- Use bullets or numbered lists to organise your thoughts
- Break long passages into paragraphs
- Avoid underlining, it looks like a link, but is not. Italics is preferable for emphasis.
You can paste a direct link in several ways:
- Just type a valid address. www.irfanview.com and it will be automatically converted to a link.
- Select some text first, then use the Link Icon to make it into a link: Download
- Select a smiley or graphic, then use the Link Icon to make it into a link:
- You can post links to pictures too: Grosberg Toolbar
There is no need to SHOUT (all caps is harder to read and is considered to be bad forum etiquette, like shouting). Use bold or italic formatting instead.
Any posts that use very large print for the entire post may be edited. Use a larger font size for a heading by all means, but using a large font for the whole post is impolite. If you are short-sighted like me, use your browser to zoom in as much as you need to read the standard text size comfortably.