Open images in original size by default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Open images in original size by default

Hi, as you know, Irfanview opens images sized to the desktop, I know I can click the view menu / original size, but, is there a way of making it open images in their original sizes by default as soon as you open them?

Many Thanks

No. By default IrfanView opens images at 100% fitting the Window to the image.

Whatever View display option you select should be the default next time you run IrfanView. If that's not the case, then IrfanView has some problem saving its INI file on your setup.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

ok thanks, maybe something that he wants to enable in the next build then

Comment

Its already enabled in the current build.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Not as a direct option to set, as you said in your first reply.

Not to worry, I'll just roll back to an older version where they opened at 100% all the time

Comment

Quite unnecessary, anthony2312. What Bhikkhu Pesala says has been true for all versions of Irfanview for many years.
            The default setting when Irfanview is first installed is 100% zoom. After that it is whatever you left it set to in View> Display options the last time you used it.
            For 100% zoom either leave it set to Fit window to image (1:1, recommended) or to Do not fit anything

Comment

Thank you, I have now found the setting hidden away, at least your reply made sense, unlike the previous ones.

Comment

There should still be a 'open images at 100% single button default option though'

Comment

There are several keystrokes that do it. Check out what Shift+0, F, Shift+F do.

Comment

Originally posted by anthony2312 View Post
                    Hi, as you know, Irfanview opens images sized to the desktop, I know I can click the view menu / original size, but, is there a way of making it open images in their original sizes by default as soon as you open them?

Many Thanks
                    Is there anything in settings to fix this? Opening GIFs is rough. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by insectinegate View Post
                      Is there anything in settings to fix this? Opening GIFs is rough. Thanks
                      There is nothing that needs fixing. As explained above, the default is to open images at 100%, unless you change the setting in View, Display Options to "Fit to desktop" or something else.

Animated GIF images always open at 100% unless you have enable "Lock Zoom" on the View menu.

Comment

I think that "original size" is not a wise term to use. What do you mean by "original" and are you talking about size in pixels, size in cms or inches, size that it was last shown on the screen, size of a sheet of paper that it was scanned or captured from, size of the sensor array in your camera, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                          There is nothing that needs fixing. As explained above, the default is to open images at 100%, unless you change the setting in View, Display Options to "Fit to desktop" or something else.

Animated GIF images always open at 100% unless you have enable "Lock Zoom" on the View menu.
                          Thank you, that fixed my issue.

Comment

Working...
                          X