Not able to open .NEF files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to open .NEF files

If I have a directory with only Nikon raw fiels (*.NEF) Irfanview shows an empty directory and won't show the images. If I put one .JPG file in this directory Irfanview shows this file and if I open it, suprise , the .NEF files are displayed without a problem.
    .NEF isn't in the list of associations either, but apparantlety it handles the files well.
    Perhaps I'm doing something wrong because I can't imagine that Irfanview can't handle nikon raw format.

Hi Frans Ligthart,

Which version of IrfanView you're using (because you post your report in "Last Version" of bugreports and not in actual "Bugreports")???!
    Do you have installed the necessary plugin "FORMATS.DLL"?
    (See IrfanView program menu: \Help\Installed PlugIns...\)

see:

(Click on this screenshot to go to IrfanView plugins!)

The "FORMATS.DLL" is available in "ALL PlugIns as one large EXE (recommended)" or in "iv_formats.zip" at the IrfanView Plugin site!

Do you have selected the correct settings?
    (See IrfanView program menu: \Options\Set file associations...\)

see:

(Click to view full size!)

regards
    Frank

Comment

Hi Frank,
      Thanks for your quick response.
      I'm using version 4.27, the latest version, and have installed all the plugins, including NEF.
      I don't have any file associations because I don't want to use Irfanview as an editor, only as a viewer.
      I f i choose: File, open and go to a folder with the NEF files it looks empty.
      As filetype I had choosen "all supported graphic files". If I choose "all files" they are shown (sorry hadn't noticed this option).
      So I can work with the files I only have to remeber witch type of files are in the directory.
      Rgards, Frans

Comment

Now your problem has been solved and I move this thread into the support area!
        If you want to tell us other bugreports in the future please consider the small but important difference between the folders "actual Bugreports" and "Last Version" of "Bugreports"!
        ("Last" is not same as "Latest"!)

regards
        Frank

Comment

Working...
        X