"Save Picture As ..." dialog - disable formats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bhikkhu Pesala.
    I would use the Irfanview Search function to search for i_view*.ini in your User folder and see if you have a copy of the ini file in one of those dreaded VirtualStore folders that were the bane of Windows Vista and seem to have crept back into Windows 10.

Comment

Originally posted by davidcie View Post
      ... Would love to know how you came across it? This little gem should definitely be described in ...
      I may have gotten it from this post: https://irfanview-forum.de/showthread.php?t=9754

Or perhaps the release notes.

Comment

Oh dear. I shall have to start using AFAIR (as far as I remember) instead of AFAIK.

Comment

This still does not work for me. I forwarded the Feature Request to Irfan Skiljan, along with a few others.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for adding this feature. It works. This function should be made discoverable by putting it on the Preferences / Extensions GUI page, prepopulated with all extensions in the correct format. What was not obvious to me at first was that the last character in the string must be a pipe, or the last specified extension is ignored.

I removed the whole 3 pointless "portable map" formats, as well as EMF,JNG,PDF which have incomplete support in Irfan.

SaveFormats=BMP|GIF|ICO|JLS|JP2|JPG|PCX|PNG|RAW|TG A|TIF|WEBP
            Attached Files

Comment

New PC, new IrfanView install. I just kept living with this issue for a good while, even though way back in my mind I kept remembering there was a solution.
              Thanks for a great forum, search that did the job, and a great feature in a great app!

FWIW; seems you can order these in the preferred order, not requiring to be alphabetical.
              Mine now says SaveFormats=PNG|JPG|

(and note; the last "|" is required)

Comment

Working...
              X