Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch add overlay text - parameters and process ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch add overlay text - parameters and process ?

Hello,

A batch job can be :
    • - to apply same parameters to various files.
      - to apply various parameters to various groups of files.

I would want to automatically apply to various files various parameters to add overlay text and I have not found the way to do it with Irfanview as the product seem completely ready to do it.

If I use the "batch modify" I can apply the parameter that I can define by the various forms to a list of files.
    Regardless, I can define "command line" which will apply to a list of files the default parameters.

But if, for example, I want
    - to treat again a file-list (a .txt file with file name) with parameter of font color depending of the slide, with a new font (just change the font name) and treat again the same file list.
    - change a little the text content of some files (adding an exif parameter into the text for example or change something into the legend, may by orthography etc...) with for example a text containing a particular legend yet or not yet stored as exif metadata.

I don't know at all how to do repeatedly such treatments.

The file containing the parameters to apply to each file should be named probably a script submitted by a batch...
    A batch (.bat, .cmd file etc... depending of the system) could be written with the corresponding syntax of the system with "command line parameters", but I could not find how to define all the parameters of a batch "add overlay text" with the parameters of "command line".

Thank's if you have an answer.

I have 70 000 files to treat... and I am not sure that all the text fonts, colors, sizes, content would be right for the user the first time. So after a first 90% right treatment I will have to make some changes and rerun the "job".

Best regards

Trebly
    Last edited by trebly; 28.09.2010, 08:39 PM.
Working...
X