Erase unwanted object in a photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erase unwanted object in a photo

I would like to know if I can erase an unwanted object in a photo using Irfanview. And if I can, how would I do it? For example, I have a picture with a fire hydrant in the middle. I would like to remove that from the picture. I have little technical expertise so I need to find a very simple way of doing it. Thanks.

You can do it using the Irfan Paint plugin. Press F12 to enable it.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

The better way is to use an image editing software like Gimp or PhotoShop.
      IrfanView can edit pictures, but for those problems it has not really good tools included.

Comment

I find the Martin Vicanek Wireworm 8bf filter is excellent for this sort of work. It is intended for erasing thin objects like wires and poles but I find it works fine for bigger objects if erased a chunk at a time.
        Just download this free filter, unzip and put it into your Adobe 8bf folder. (If you have the full set of plugins that will be in the Irfanview Plugins folder unless you moved it somewhere else). While you are doing it I would recommend you also download and install the Contrast Mask and Perspective Transform 8bf filters from that site. I think they are essential extra editing tools to complement Irfanview.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.05.2021, 08:49 AM. Reason: Fixed broken link

Comment

The hyperlink opens an error page, thus the following fix: Martin Vicanek.
          Mij Thank you for the plugins advice.

Comment

I would recommend you also download and install the Contrast Mask and Perspective Transform 8bf filters from that site. download gimp 2.8
            Last edited by Ana Evans; 03.06.2021, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X