Two feature suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Two feature suggestions

I have no doubt one has been considered already. I mention it here because I haven't been able to locate it by way of Search.

For an application so completely married to the Win32 API, one would think a user would be able to find some menu command, either in "Image" on the menu-bar of an ordinary window or by right-clicking, that allowed one to view the location in Windows Explorer of the image or media file being viewed/played. A simple "Show in Explorer" should suffice for a phrase.

I make mention of the relationship between IV and Windows in order to point out that MS Expression Media, which started as iView Media Pro, has this as a right-click menu option in all three tab "views" and it was cross-coded from an (admittedly very mature) original Mac version to Windows. And the scuttlebutt is that a bunch of "California surfer dudes" wrote, developed and ported the app well before M$ bought them out.

Or maybe suggestion #2, which is inspired by XnView in Windows, might provide a work-around to this when implemented: more -- at least one more -- external editor "slot". Having just found a very small-footprint minimal-display image viewer with better rendering than the one I'd been using (fCoder Group's My View Pad), I would very much like to include both in the external-apps list in IV, but to do so I'd have to 'sack' either XnView or the often-troublesome PhotoFiltre Studio X. I just added GIMP2 2.6 to Pierre's application's "externals" list, and he has coded room for one or two more besides (I believe the XnView limit is 5, but I may be underestimating).

It occurs to me it might take an upgrade version or two to see both of these. I don't mind at all.

BZT
    Last edited by Silversleeves; 03.10.2010, 10:37 PM.
    There's still room for two things in IrfanView: 1). Space at the bottom of each image in a full-screen slideshow to display such metadata as keywords, supplemental categories, origin etc.; 2). Space to add just those few (dozen) annoying metadata tags IrfanView can't read in, edit or save back to a file. I advocate both. BZT

How about using the path variable $D and put it in the status bar, in the window title or in the full screen view?
    Attached Files

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

I have posted several times before that I set my first external editor as
      Code:
      C:\windows\explorer.exe "/select,"%1
      So a press of Shift+E does just what you want in your first request. All the other editors I might want are in the SendTo folder so with a few more mouse clicks I can send the image on from Explorer to any of those.

Comment

Working...
      X