Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Conversion Blur Not Working

Hi,

I'm trying to blur a batch of images. Using the batch conversion/rename option.
    I've set it to Batch conversion, checked the box for advanced features, input max blur 99 (and a few other figures lik 30, 66). all the other conversions options like gamma correction and brightness are working fine, but the Blur is simply not responding.

I've reinstalled the latest version - but it still doesn't work.
    Does this require a plugin? Or is it simply not working?

Thanks
    Jatse

It seems to be working fine here. I think it requires Effects.dll

Always update the plugins when you update IrfanView.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 08.10.2010, 06:35 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks,

I tried that, but the plugin installer simply won't work. The moment I click install it pops up a notice saying the installation was successful, then windows informs me that the installation failed.

I'm using windows 7

I notices I can download the plugins as zip files. how do I install these? Do I just have to drag the dll files into a special folder? Could you tell me how to do this?

Many Thanks
      Jatse

Comment

Blur is one of the least satisfactory Irfanview effects because results are highly dependent on the size of the image. Even at 100% zoom, applying maximum blur to a typical 10MP image, it is scarcely noticable. IMHO it is only really suitable for use with very small images.

I would suspect that it is "working" but the blur is so slight that you do not see it. Sadly I cannot suggest an alternative. AFAIK Faststone Image viewer, which has an excellent Blur effect in the main program, does not offer it in its Batch feature.

Comment

Working...
        X