No announcement yet.

Command line parameter /ini="folder" will accept full file name <pattern>.ini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Command line parameter /ini="folder" will accept full file name <pattern>.ini

Hello,

I am writing command line and .ini files to run advanced batches for writing particularly titles and copyright informations. These to treat a great quantity of documents.

As some parameters changes for each file, selection zone, text position and color for example the lonely solution is to write first i_view32.INI files and copy them into a dir defined by /ini="folder" or rewrite the INI file.
    Many features of the treatment process shows that to have the following possibility will optimize it a lot :

use a new feature of i_view32, (just an enhancement), which is that

the /ini="folder" command line parameter could accept either
    • a directory name (actually) or
    • a full file name with a shape like ../i_wiew32-*.ini

then a line command of a system batch (windows cmd file) can run any option with pre-written ini files.

The default ini should be as now named i_wiew32.ini

The pattern name could be my proposal i_view32-<complement of name>.ini
    so the .ini associated with i_view32 could be search and controlled (syntax and content) avoiding confusion with other ini files and risks of crashes.

I hope that this proposal will be judged an interesting feature.

Best regards
    trebly

nota : I have developed a full application for Excel which is able particularly to manage meta parameters (the EXIF association is being done) of files and those for their treatments, preview, launch editors and viewer and run treatments.
    It holds images but too, fax, doc, txt, CAO documents etc...
    This application displays images thumbs and allows to previews the images with i_view32 to define and collect the selection and position of selection, then pick the text color, and use other parameter as font and size, text content... then write the .ini and run the i_view command line.
    If after a full treatment some detail parameters must be changed only the changes to do will be re-run or a full treatment could be re-run for a major change (font for example).
    The .ini files of a treatment will be associated to the file to treat and the file after treatment. This memorizes the treatment content and the process parameters used.
    This application, quite important, is not done to be distributed, just private use.
Working...
X