Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Film Scanner (Otek) compatibility

Hi,
    Although I've happily used Irfanview for several years, I currently am seeking advice for the first time.
    My problem is, that I cannot get Irfanview to connect to my film scanner.
    It's an OTEK model FS-500-2
    I can see it in Irfanview's Twain source selection window; as:-
    "WIA-OVT Scanner 1.0 (32-32)"
    However after selecting this, then going to "Aquire Batch scanning", I get the following error message:-

"TWAIN ERROR!....Can't connect to device or the TWAIN driver is not installed!"
    The actual driver presently installed for the device is off it's install CD:-
    Omnivision
    28/09/2007
    version 5.2.5500.35

Can anyone please advise me as to how I can get this to 'connect' to my Irfanview? (version 4.27 inc plugins)
    kind regards,

Noel B.

Unless someone else has that particular model installed, it is hard to help. Can you scan with any other application?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,

I think it is not possible if your scanner does just support WIA and not TWAIN.

Maybe you'll ask better Irfan if there is a possibility to use it.

Regards, Nils.

Comment

I do not have a WIA scanner but other WIA devices such as a card reader and my camera do appear in the Select Twain source dialogue when connected and if selected I can then acquire images from them through the Twain interface.
        I am running in Vista which according to this article does have the Microsoft WIA automation tool built in. It appears that you need to download it for XP.

This may not be relevant to your requirement but is the only thing I can suggest.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for all the suggestions & comments, which I appreciate.

"PhotoImpressions 6" is the software that came with the scanner.
          A driver check indicates the scanner's software is the latest, & I can use the scanner with it's 'default' software (above).
          It's just that I'd really like to operate it directly from Irfanview, to cut down on processing stages.
          I tend to use Irfanview wherever possible, when handling large numbers of images to process.

I'll see if I can find anything that helps with Windows 7, & put in a request to Irfanview; for any suggestion/s.

Many thanks,
          kind regards,

Noel B.

Comment

see also: "Why doesn't IrfanView detect my webcam as a TWAIN source anymore?"

Comment

Thank you Frank,

I'll check out your link shortly.
              Presently I can now get the scanner to work directly from Irfanview.
              However, by using Photo Impressions 6 to work the scanner, I have some control over scanner settings (colour/brightness etc, & calibrate)
              kind regards,

Noel B.

Comment

Working...
              X