Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frame a pic ??

I am an old user and like irfanview.

We want to crop an oval or parobola around a portrait and can not find the way to do it. Can someone point us in the right way?

ps Couldnt find it in fotoshop either. Thank you.

IrfanView is not the best tool for this. I am sure PhotoShop would do a much better job.
    It is possible in IV by using the IrfanPaint plugin, but not such a simple process as it would be in the right program.
    • Open the plugin (F12)
    • Draw the ellipse
    • Use floodfill outside the ellipse to paint it white or whatever
    • Save as PNG with transparency.
    IV only support 24-bit transparent PNG — really, to get a good result you need to fade the edge or drop shadow using alpha transparency.

The attached image was done very easily using PagePlus. The free version isn't quite up to the job as it doesn't support export as picture. If you have PhotoShop, then you should learn how to use that. IrfanView is just an image viewer.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Or try PhotoFiltre!
      (Click here to download the english version of PhotoFiltre in zip format!)

See my sample files using a picture of Charles Darwin!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Frank; 17.11.2010, 10:12 PM. Reason: Correction of a spelling mistake!

Comment

Viele Dank fur ihren Aufmerksamkeit.................................... ..............

.................................................. .....................................

Comment

"eliminate the outside corners" using transparency

Hello billray,

Here comes my answer on your PM!

Originally posted by billray
          ... How do we keep only the inside the elipse image as a saved image for later use and eliminate the "outside corners?
          You can't eliminate the "outside corners!
          Each picture is a rectangle and/or it has four corners!

But you can make the outside corners transparent!
          In PhotoFiltre you can use the function "Transparent color..."!
          Finally you must save the resulting image in PNG or GIF formats (because only these format support transparency)!

See again my sample files using the picture of Charles Darwin!

regards
          Frank
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Frank; 17.11.2010, 10:13 PM. Reason: Correction of a spelling mistake!

Comment

Frank. Meine Dame Hausfrau sagst Sehr Viele Dank und Sie hast sehr gefallen erfreuen. Billray

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
              [/list]IV only support 24-bit transparent PNG — really, to get a good result you need to fade the edge or drop shadow using alpha transparency.

How can I fade the edge or use a drop shadow in IV?

Comment

You can apply a variety of frames in Irfanview using Adobe 8bf filters. For an oval frame try Border mania and choose the Rings filter.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mij; 23.01.2011, 07:31 PM. Reason: Example added

Comment

oval frame irfanview

here you can find simple and full instructions to create oval image or frame
                  in irfanview:

A picture frame is used to enhance the look of a picture. By choosing a frame that works well with your background, color scheme and image, you can make a photograph more elegant, professional or fun. You don’t have to use a traditional rectangular shape for your frame—you can utilize any shape of your choice. Since ...

and you can use for example white as border color for remove corners, easy !

Comment

Working...
                  X