Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transparent areas not transparent when printed out (png files)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Transparent areas not transparent when printed out (png files)

Hi.

System:
    OS = XP sp2
    IV = 4.27
    Printer = Network printer (probably not important here)

If I set the background color to gray (as I prefer) and is to print out a png image where parts of the image is fully transparent, the "Main window color" fill out the areas that is transparent on the image file.

When I first discovered this, I changed the "Main window color" to white.

Is there a way to override this so that transparent area => white when printing regardless of the "Main window color"?

Thanks
    If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

No, the transparent area is always converted into the Main window color.

Others have requested previously that it be changed but I do not think it has ever been passed on to Irfan. I will send an email to him suggesting that the transparent color be changed to be the color set for "Cut" instead.
    That I believe would give the flexibility that those like you want whilst still allowing other users to set the colors of "Main window" and "Cut" to be the same if they want it that way.

Comment

Import your png file into another program like MSWord and then print it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
        No, the transparent area is always converted into the Main window color.
        Others have requested previously that it be changed but I do not think it has ever been passed on to Irfan. I will send an email to him suggesting that the transparent color be changed to be the color set for "Cut" instead.
        That I believe would give the flexibility that those like you want whilst still allowing other users to set the colors of "Main window" and "Cut" to be the same if they want it that way.
        I discussed the idea with Irfan. He is concerned with the confusion that might be caused by combining "Transparent" and "Cut" color selection but might agree to including a separate selection for "Transparent" if users really want it.

Did you know by the way that if you uncheck Show PNG/TGA/DDS alpha/transparent color which is higher up in the Viewing options then you will see the original color from when it was last saved, rather than the current Main window color, in the transparent area. If you used a white background or edited the transparent color in the palette to white and then resaved, they would always display white from then on if that option was left unchecked.

Comment

Version 4.28 (Release date: 2010-12-16)
          • New PNG save option: Save transparency as Alpha channel (Thanks to Thomas Henlich)

Comment

Working...
          X