Wood Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood Frame

I want to add a virtual wood frame to a photo. How can I accomplish that?

Take a photo of such a frame, or find one on the internet, open that image in IV, then select the space in the frame and paste in your photo.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

There is now in Irfanview 4.27 a feature to Add a frame/border in the Image menu. There are better "wood" effect frames in programs like Virtual studio though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
        There is now in Irfanview 4.27 a feature to Add a frame/border in the Image menu. There are better "wood" effect frames in programs like Virtual studio though.
        Thanks for the link to Virtual Studio. But, before I try Virtual Studio, please tell me if there are any Irfanview plug-ins (or any other stuff that can be used with Irfanview, such as Photoshop filters) that will do wood-effect frames. (As you know, the new frame/border feature in Irfanview 4.27 does not do wood-effect frames.)

Comment

Yes there certainly are 8bf filters that you can buy which offer a wide selection of frames some of which might be suitable for you. There are also free ones offering frame effects such as Bordermania but I have not used them so I do not know if you can create wood effects that way.

Comment

I have just opened a wood frame from PSP8 frames into IV and then pasted a picture in that, looks ok but you need to resize picture to suit frame or vice versa, I would think you could do the same with any frame package you have or can find.

Comment

Working...
            X